October 9, 2018

Fix the Windows 10 Brightness Issue in Videos

I have been facing this annoying Windows 10 Brightness Issue for a week now almost. 😠

Finally, I have found a solution! 😅

Windows 10 Brightness Issue in Videos

Hang on a sec...


But first, please let me clear what exactly the issue was, so you do not end up wasting your time on this article, and only go ahead and read it if you were also facing this same exact issue, so you can get the solution that worked for me, and be happy with your life from then on.

So, a few days ago, when Microsoft released a feature update to their most latest Operating System, Windows 10, I started to notice a really frustrating issue, which was related to brightness automatically increasing and decreasing when I watch any video on VLC player on my Windows 10 laptop.

My brightness went to a 100% whenever I double clicked in the VLC player and made the player play the video at full screen resolution. That was really annoying and killed my eyes when it happened for the first time.

I found the solution!


I searched a lot and did not quite find the right and working solution to this brightness problem of Windows 10.

And after a few days of research, trying out different solutions and tricks trying to solve this issue and get back to those good old days when I could watch all the videos without facing this annoying issue, I finally found an answer. I found a solution that I did not try before.

And the reason I was experiencing this terrible brightness issue, that I was using Bitdefender Antivirus!

Oh boy, what a shocking discovery it was for me!

Actually, I was kinda glad that it was Bitdefender that was causing this issue. Because it was also giving me annoying notifications almost every time I opened up my laptop. I got tired of seeing those notifications and alerts, and had decided to revert back to Avast - a free antivirus software.

But, when I tried that solution, it also did not work, for some reason!

When I was disabling the movie profile, as mentioned in the solution I found, it kept reappearing again and again. Also very annoying, just like the overall experience I had with Bitdefender.

This time though, I wasn't discouraged at all. Because I knew what was the cause of this issue. Because I knew that the Bitdefender antivirus was the cause, I thought why not just take the time and Uninstall it completely, and revert back to Avast? Just like I already had planned to do, but because of my laziness, i did not get the time to uninstall it.

So, after I removed the annoying little software, and restarted my laptop - Acer Predator Helios 300 - I was pleasantly surprised!

Yes, the issue was gone!

There you have it, the solution to this brightness issue of "Windows 10" and my terrible experience with Bitdefender, lol!

How weird, right?

We were here to solve our brightness problem we were having with Windows 10, and ended up Uninstalling Bitdefender? xD

Should I too convert to Avast?


Well, I can't say for sure. 

If you have paid for the Bitdefender's subscription and have no choice but to use this, then you should probably stick to it.

But, in case you also were using a promo of 6 months for FREE from Bitdefender, or perhaps were just using the Free or Trial version of it, I'd say drop it and pick up Avast instead. 

It is 100% FREE!

It also forces you sometimes to upgrade, but you really do not need to. The free version works just fine.

Final thoughts...


Anyways, if you found this article helpful, do not please forget to share it with those who have been through the same hell like you and I have been through.

One last time, in case you are interested in laptops overall, I think you're gonna like what I do here on Laptop Anatomy. Just have a look around and feel free to bookmark the blog, in case you are interested what I do here.

If not, that's OK as well.

Have a good one!